Gordon Gault was attacked in Elswick, Newcastle last Wednesday.
He later died on Tuesday from “cutlery-matched” injuries.
Fourteen people have been arrested since the attack, according to Northumbria police.
Family and friends paid tribute to the teenager with flowers and balloons.
The name and photo of a 14-year-old boy who died six days after being brutally stabbed to death in the streets of Newcastle have been published, and police have arrested 14 people in his murder.
Gordon Gault was badly injured after an “argument” involving several people in Elswick Borough last Wednesday around 6:30pm. He died Tuesday night, six days after the attack, with injuries “suggesting that they were inflicted by a knife.”
Northumbria police said they had arrested 14 of his people, including three boys aged 15, 16 and 17, on suspicion of injuring them with intent to cause serious bodily harm.
Police also arrested a man and a woman in their 40s on suspicion of complicity.
Gordon Gault was rushed to the hospital after police found him with a stab wound.
Tributes were paid to the 14-year-old boy who died on Tuesday. Those who knew Gordon laid flowers and a dedication at the Sovereign Place site in Newcastle.
Flowers and a card were left at the scene, and his family paid tribute to him as a “caring and good boy.”
Bailey Hazon, her teenage cousin, told BBC Look North:
“He was always smiling and was a good boy.
“He was always a good boy when we were together,” he said.
Chief Superintendent Helena Baron, Northumbria Police Area Commander for Newcastle and Gateshead, said:
“First and foremost, this is a completely devastating outcome and our thoughts are with Gordon’s family during this terrifying time.
“The past week has clearly been incredibly difficult for Gordon’s family. I ask that their privacy be respected as they are trying to understand what happened. “We are determined to determine all the circumstances that led to Gordon’s death.
“As a force, we are committed to using all tactics at our disposal to identify perpetrators and ensure effective justice is brought.”
“A total of 14 arrests have been made so far as part of a larger investigation, and officers remain in the area as part of the investigation to reassure those living nearby.
“At this early stage, all parties are aware of each other and we believe there is no information to suggest there is a risk to the general public.
“We encourage anyone with concerns to contact the police in the area.
“We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we continue to investigate this serious incident.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the ‘Tell me’ page on the Northumbria Police website or call 101.