Cristiano Ronaldo: I hope Arsenal win

Cristiano Ronaldo revealed he hopes to keep playing until he is 40, but is looking forward to his fifth, and most likely final, World Cup in Qatar.

Ronaldo said he turned down an offer from Saudi Arabia worth 350 million euros ($364 million) over two seasons and dismissed claims there was a lack of interest from other European clubs.

Manchester, United Kingdom

Cristiano Ronaldo has said that he hopes Arsenal win the English Premier League title if Manchester United don’t go all the way this season.

In the final instalment of an interview with TalkTV, Ronaldo said that he obviously wants United to win the trophy first, but said he wouldn’t begrudge the Gunners if they go all the way and win it.

“I hope Arsenal win the Premier League, if it’s not Manchester United. Even if Manchester United don’t win the Premier League, it would be nice if Arsenal could win. i like the team I like trainers I think Arsenal are a good team,” said Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has claimed he was “provoked” by a lack of respect from Manchester United manager Eric ten Hag, who refused to play against Tottenham last month. In Ten Hag’s first season as manager, Ronaldo was a minor figure on the pitch.

Ronaldo also responded to criticism after leaving Old Trafford by refusing to come on as a substitute early on in United’s 2–0 victory on 19 October.

“I think he did it on purpose,” Ronaldo said. “I felt angry. I didn’t respect him because he didn’t respect me.”

The club responded by suspending the five-time Ballon d’Or winner from the Red Devils’ next match against Chelsea. “I think it was the club’s strategy to react like that,” he added. “I was very, very, very disappointed to hear from Manchester United.

“Honestly, I have never had a problem with any club or any manager. “

In a statement on Monday, United said they would review the club’s response to the interview once the full facts were known.

The 37-year-old was reportedly looking to leave the club before the start of the season as United failed to qualify for the Champions League.

Cristiano Ronaldo said he turned down an offer from Saudi Arabia worth €350m ($364m) over two seasons, dismissing claims he had no interest from other European clubs. “The trash compactors say nobody wanted me, which is completely wrong. I was happy here and had the motivation to have a great season here.”

“But they repeat:
‘Nobody wanted Cristiano’.Why don’t we want a player who scored 32 goals last season, including for the national team?

Ronaldo has revealed that he hopes to continue playing until he is 40, but is looking forward to the fifth and possibly final World Cup in Qatar.

The tournament was shrouded in controversy over allegations of human rights violations in the Gulf States and corruption in the bidding process.

But Ronaldo said the “focus” should be on football ahead of the first-ever World Cup in November and December. “We should focus only on football. It’s a competition that people can enjoy,” he added.

“To be honest, I think it will be a good competition. Qatar, they are ready. It is strange to play at the beginning of the season, but also a challenge.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *